Thursday, January 29, 2015

Seed Stitch Headband Ear Warmer Free Knitting pattern | Posh Pooch Designs

Seed Stitch Headband Ear Warmer.
I knitted the Variegated One First. and really love it.
 I added a little knitted bow with a fun button.
But when I began takings pictures, 
you could not see the the texture of the stitches.

I had some of  the Wool Ease - Fisherman yarn left 
and made another one, and used wooden buttons.

I love them both.
I think the yarn for the variegated headband is also wool Ease, 
but can not find the yarn label.
I purchased some wool Ease a few months back,
 and bought several different colors.
I put them all in a plastic tub together.
 I searched the tub and my yarn room, 
but can not find the lost label.

Ok For the pattern.
Seed Stitch Headband Ear Warmer Knitting Pattern
By Sara Sach

Please, add this pattern to Your Ravelry Favorites 


Skill: Easy

Materials-
Needles - Straight needles 10.5- 6.50mm
Yarn - Bulky Yarn (6) 1bout 1.5 oz.
            I used Wool Ease Lion Brand
Buttons - 1/2 in 1 to 3

Stitches -
Cast on (CO)
Bind off (BO)
Knit (k)
Purl (p)
Repeat (rep)

Size - fits 18 to 22 inch head.

Gauge - not important for this project.

Pattern:
1 - Co 10 Sts
2 - *k1, p1, rep from * across row.
3 - *p1, k1, rep from * across row
4 - Rep R : 1 and R : 2 for 80 rows
5 - Bo

Put the ends of the headband together,
over lapping about 2 inches,
and sew.
Sew on buttons.

For Little Bow-
1 - Co 5 Sts
2 - *k1, p1, rep from * across row.
3 - *p1, k1, rep from * across row
4 - Rep R : 1 and R : 2 for 5 rows
5 - Bo

With a piece of matching yarn, cinch the center of the bow.
Place on headband and sew in place. Add a cute button
This headband is so soft and warm, 
but light to wear.

No comments: